Celsius vs centigrade (was Re: [ltp] how to start with thinkpad T60?)

Sun, 17 Feb 2008 19:43:50 +0200

--Bn2rw/3z4jIqBvZU

On Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 02:07:39PM +0100, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> On dim, 2008-02-17 at 20:08 +0800, shadowkernel wrote:
> > It seems that the=20
> > fan is turned on too often, although the temperature is not too high
> > (a=20
> > little more than 40 degrees centigrade).=20
>=20
> centigrade is an angle mesure. The correct unit is celsius :)

I was taught at school that "laipsniai Celsijaus" (degrees Celsium in
Lithuanian) was translated to "degrees centigrade" in English.  Now
Wikipedia tells me "centigrade" is deprecated since 1948, because of the
confusion with the angle measure used in Spanish and French, that I
didn't know anything about.

Anyway, thanks for spiking my curiosity.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
It's my understanding that although in principle TCP can handle huge
throughputs in practice many stacks haven't been optimized for that case, so
you have to either use a utility which opens multiple TCP sessions in paral=
lel
or do something really radical like upgrade to the latest version of the li=
nux
kernel.
		-- Bram Cohen

--Bn2rw/3z4jIqBvZU