[ltp] how to start with thinkpad T60?

Jens Rutschmann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 17 Feb 2008 23:05:04 +0100

shadowkernel schrieb am 17.02.2008 13:08:
> Thanks. I have updated to the newest Jan 21, 2008 BIOS, and the volume
> buttons work now. However, another problem happens. It seems that the
> fan is turned on too often, although the temperature is not too high (a
> little more than 40 degrees centigrade). Does your laptop have the same
> phenomena?

Hi,
I think I have the same problem on my T61. The *believe* fan is running more
often since I updated the BIOS from 7LET56WW (1.26-1.06) to 7LETA7WW (2.07-1.08).
Newer BIOS versions didn't change anything regarding this.

I don't have any statistics proofing this, though. It's just a feeling.

Perhaps the temperature thresholds for turning on the fan have been lowered in
2.07-1.08 ?

Regards,
Jens