[ltp] how to start with thinkpad T60?

shadowkernel linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 18 Feb 2008 09:49:23 +0800

My original BIOS is 7LET51WW (1.21-1.06). I feel the newer BIOS is
optimized for newer 45nm Intel CPUs, which have lower power consumption,
and a TDP of 25 watts, compared to 35 watts of 65nm Intel CPUs.

However, I do not want to downgrade the BIOS, because I need some of its
new features.

My current solution is to use fan controlling software to shift up the
temperature threshold by 5 Celsius.  I believe 50 Celsius or so should
not damage the hardware.