[ltp] Fingerprint Reader -> USB -> no C3

Florian Reitmeir linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 11:15:31 +0100

--Qxx1br4bt0+wmkIi

Hi,

for some time now i've written some scripts to get my X60s to a low power
profile.

One of the most power saving things is, to suspend the fingerprint reader,
because its an usb1 device which keeps the cpu in C2.

if attaches the script, it uses HAL to detect the correct sysfs path of the
fingerprint reader..

hw.thinkpad_fingerprint true -> disable the reader
hw.thinkpad_fingerprint false -> enable the reader

true -> powersaving, false -> no powersaving
the sematic is made for debian where the pm-utils packages needs scripts like
this.

for people who want to help ... or are brave enough for my scripts they are
under, http://power.reitmeir.org (a git archive), the fingerprint script is
attached.

--
Florian Reitmeir

--Qxx1br4bt0+wmkIi

#!/bin/bash

UDI=''
UDI="$UDI /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_483_2016_noserial" # LENOVO, ThinkPad X60s, 170255G # LENOVO, ThinkPad X61s, 7668CTO

state=suspend

if [ "x$1" = "xtrue" ]; then
	state=suspend
fi
if [ "x$1" = "xfalse" ]; then
	state=on
fi

for di in $UDI; do
	sysfs=$(hal-get-property --udi "$di" --key linux.sysfs_path 2>/dev/null)
	rc=$?
	if [ $rc -eq 0 ]; then
		echo $state >$sysfs/power/level
		break