[ltp] Is it just me or is ACPId way, way too verbose?

BioHazard linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 02:43:27 -0800

For a daemon that is supposed to help save power, ACPId is generating an
unreal amount of log output to /val/log/messages. I get about 2.8GB of
log per day just telling me my CPU scaling changed the CPU speed.

This has to be incorrect. There is no way ACPId is supposed to keep my
hard drive constantly spinning so it can write to disk over 95 times a
second.

My system:
Linux ferret 2.6.23-gentoo-r8 #1 SMP Wed Feb 13 09:41:28 PST 2008 i686
Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2400 @ 1.83GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

I've got a Thinkpad T60 2613-EAU (ATI-X1400, SXGA+, IPW3945) running
Gentoo with sys-power/acpid-1.0.6-r1.

-- Ryan