[ltp] IBM T43P (ATI FireGL V3200) - Dual Head Setup - External Display Blurry

fredrik lassen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 19:12:34 +0100

------=_Part_9763_11428839.1203444754820

Hi,

I have an T43p (14" 1400x1050) with a ATI FireGl V3200 and I run Ubuntu 7.10.

I have been able to set it up as a dual-head without further ado with both
"ati" and "fgrlx" drivers. But using the "ati"  driver (and xrandr) the
external output (VGA) is distinctly blurry. The resolution is detected / set
correctly via xrandr to 1680x1050 (Samsung 226BW) - yet the display is
distinctly blurry.

I don't think it is a hardware/signal problem because when I use the fglrx
driver the same external display is crisp - same story under Windows. Using
"fglrx" is though not really an option because I would need to activate the
"SWCursor"-option due to a bug with the proprietary driver - otherwise the
mouse cursor is all messed up (
http://davestation.wordpress.com/2007/06/12/xinerama/).

I have tried forcing frequencies via xrandr - but I do not really know my
ways with xrandr/X11 - any ideas how to go about this? - Any help would be
much appreciated!

Best Regards,

Fredrik

------=_Part_9763_11428839.1203444754820

Hi, <br>
I have an T43p (14&quot; 1400x1050) with a ATI FireGl V3200 and I run Ubuntu 7.10. <br><br>I have been able to set it
up as a dual-head without further ado with both &quot;ati&quot; and &quot;fgrlx&quot;
drivers. But using the &quot;ati&quot;&nbsp; driver (and xrandr) the external output (VGA) is distinctly blurry. The
resolution is detected / set correctly via xrandr to 1680x1050
(Samsung 226BW) - yet the display is distinctly blurry.<br><br>I don&#39;t think it is a hardware/signal problem because when I use the fglrx
driver the same external display is crisp - same story under Windows. Using &quot;fglrx&quot; is though not really an option because I would
need to activate the &quot;SWCursor&quot;-option due to a bug with the
proprietary driver - otherwise the mouse cursor is all messed up (<a href="http://davestation.wordpress.com/2007/06/12/xinerama/" target="_blank">http://davestation.wordpress.com/2007/06/12/xinerama/</a>).<br>
Best Regards,<br>

------=_Part_9763_11428839.1203444754820--