[ltp] Re: Re: Re: Does the new ATI 8-2 Proprietary Driver work?

Henry Ritzlmayr linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 09:27:20 +0100

Am Montag, den 18.02.2008, 14:53 -0500 schrieb Brad Langhorst:
> On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 09:05 +0100, Henry Ritzlmayr wrote:
>  ...=20
> >=20
> > since your my all includes fast switching between VTs and X, have you
> > solved the problem, that after a suspend/resume cycle the Vts stay
> > blank?=20
> >=20
> > I=C2=B4m thinking of giving 8.2 a shot the next days because of this. I=
 don=C2=B4t
> > care about 3D either but reliable VTs after a suspend/resume are
> > important to me.
> >=20
> > cheers
> > Henry
> Hi Henry:
>=20
> I did notice a problem once or twice that my vt would remain blank...
> It does not always happen for me after a suspend/resume cycle with my
> current software.
>=20
> I'm using the ati driver from git, maybe you're using the radeonhd
> driver?
>=20
>=20
>=20
> brad

Hi Brad,

I tried both (both from git). The radeonhd driver only gives me a blank
screen on the vts after a suspend/resume cycle. The ati driver is even
worse (for me). If I switch to a vt after suspend/resume I get a blank
screen and can not even switch back to X afterwards. Ssh-ing to the
machine and issuing a reboot is my only option (a hard reset would be
too) to get back to a usable system.=20

Could you share your xorg.conf and your kernel boot options (maybe I am
missing something in my config).

thanks=20
Henry