[ltp] xorg.conf ignored?

Atul Chitnis linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 20 Feb 2008 01:31:30 +0530 (IST)

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008, Marius Gedminas wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 07:50:51PM +0530, Atul Chitnis wrote:
>> You'll need to use the i810 driver if you want tweak stuff majorly.
>
> That's a very strange statement.  My understanding is that intel lets
> you do more than i810 (except, maybe, old-style static Xinerama, where
> you'll have to learn to use xrandr instead).

Oh, I didn't mean that the i810 drivers lets you do *more*. Just that
youhave to do a whole lot ore to (probably) achieve the same thing that
the intel driver does more or less out of the box. A lot of tweakery from
the i810 driver just isnt necessary anymore with the intel driver.

Atul

--
Atul Chitnis
Bangalore, India