X61s (Re: [ltp] Self-install or commercial install?)

David Bremner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 21 Feb 2008 16:02:44 +0100

I can't really answer your question in the subject (I know nothing
about the commercial alternatives). But I think quite a few people
have debian unstable working ok on an X61s.  So there is lots of
installation reports around, and you should be able to get help.

In particular I have an X61s running debian unstable. I know other
people on the list have the same machine, I'm not sure what they run.

I think built-in WWAN is a no-go. I don't know of any other terrible
issues. I'm happy enough with the 4965AGN wireless.  I have the 8 cell
battery. If I push things I get maybe 7hours (6 without really
shutting things down).  Intel graphics (using the latest x.org and
xrandr) are very convenient on linux these days.