[ltp] Re: Should I use 64-bit or 32-bit for my new Thinkpads?

Stefan Monnier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 21 Feb 2008 13:07:33 -0500

> What I've done is to install 32-bit Ubuntu on my system, and then
> install a 64-bit kernel.  So by default my userspace is 32-bits, so
> that things like w32codecs and firefox plugins work, but I can also

I've had (minor) problems with this kind of config: 32bit wpa-supplicant
seem to talk incorrectly with the 64bit rt73usb module and 32bit ekiga
seemed to talk incorrectly with the 64bit usbvideo module.

And when running ./configure, many systems think I want to build
a 64bit app.

        Stefan