[ltp] Thinkpad utilities query

Fri, 22 Feb 2008 18:09:10 +0200

--R3G7APHDIzY6R/pk

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 08:18:14PM +0000, Nigel Wilkinson wrote:
> I've recently acquired a T43 which had no operating system. I have it
> up and running fine under Linux but certain functions most laptops have
> in BIOS the T43 accesses via software under windows. Now I need to turn
> off the mousepad thingy buttons coz thats where my wrist rests. How can
> I do this under Linux or where can I get the software to do it under
> windows (which I'd have to install so the Linux solution is preferred)

If you want to disable the whole thinkpad, you can do that rather easily
by modifying the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file (the synclient solution
mentioned in the other email is probably best, as you then can toggle
the touchpad at any time).

If you want the touchpad itself to keep working, but don't want the
buttons, you'll need to recompile the synaptics driver with the
following patch:
http://mg.pov.lt/xserver-xorg-input-synaptics-0.14.6-touchpad-buttons-off.p=
atch

and then use synclient TouchpadOff=3D3 instead of TouchpadOff=3D1

HTH,
Marius Gedminas
--=20
C is a language that combines all the elegance and power of assembly langua=
ge
with all the readability and maintainability of assembly language.

--R3G7APHDIzY6R/pk

--R3G7APHDIzY6R/pk--