[ltp] WWAN: X60 suse 10.2 advice please...

David Bremner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 24 Feb 2008 08:56:56 +0100

    Jeffrey> I'm actually quite impressed that you were able to get
    Jeffrey> the 875 working in linux.  I am moving to europe this
    Jeffrey> year for 6 months, and internet access will be a huge
    Jeffrey> problem.

I just bought a pre-paid sim, disabled the PIN (you can use a pin, but
it is more hassle), and configured ppp. You need to find out the
password for your particular provider.  There are many people
documenting this process on the web.  The tricky part was knowing that
the card would work in Linux. In addition to random googling, it helps
that Sierra Wireless talks about Linux support on their web site.