[ltp] Thinkpad utilities query

Sun, 24 Feb 2008 17:11:59 +0200

--lrZ03NoBR/3+SXJZ

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 03:24:35PM +0100, Dom wrote:
>> is it a permission problem ?
>>  =20
> Can you help me? Maybe I missed something. What group I should be a membe=
r=20
> of? I tried it with root as well, same thing happens.

You don't need to be root; any user can use synclient (which is why the
option is described as "insecure").

Try running "ipcs -m", it will list all shared memory segments on your
system.  I think the one used by synclient is this one:

0x00005d8b 0          root      777        360        1

The address will be different, but it's owned by root, readable and
writable by anyone, and is 360 bytes long.

You can also check if you have tmpfs mounted on /dev/shm (Ubuntu should
do that by default, but you never know...)

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Computo, ergo sum.
                -- Curt Suplee