[ltp] Thinkpad X40 and fedora 8: display blank after resume

Christos Papadopoulos linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 25 Feb 2008 13:48:06 -0700

Ok, more updates on this one.

It turns out Fedora 8 installed gnome power manager on my X40,
and that's what's controlling suspend/resume (and other things I
presume). Pretty silly of me not to see that acpid was not
controlling my laptop.

This site has quite a bit of information about gnome-pm.
http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/quirk/

They have a convenient shellscript to tell you what
to try with your laptop.

Following instructions there, I updated the file at
/usr/share/hal/fdi/information/10freedesktop/20-video-quirk-pm-ibm.fdi
(which added two quirks for my system), and the shellscript reports
no more quirks need to try.

Now the display turns on after I resume, but it's corrupt.
Nothing I tried got it back to display properly.

I will try some more things, but if anyone has any thoughts
please share!

Christos.