[ltp] Fn-F4 event weirdness?

Mon, 25 Feb 2008 20:53:04 -0300

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008, Igor V. Rafienko wrote:
> on Feb 25, 2008, 17:36, Adam Sloboda wrote:
> [ ... Fn-F4 key pressing weirdness ]
>
>>> Where does the delay come from?
>> I noticed too, I believe it's embedded controller.
>
> Ah, the plot thickens -- Fn-F12 behaves much the same way AND both Fn-F4
> and Fn-F12 generate ACPI events event without the hotkey mask being set.

It is all in the thinkpad-acpi docs.  The EC (sometimes the AML or SMBIOS
code) does it.  AFAIK, the behaviour exists to avoid issues with
double-hibernation or some other crackpot bug.

It is of no consequence if you use the Fn+F4 and Fn+F12 keys for what they
were designed for (sleep and hibernation).

Nothing to see here, move along ;-)

  Henrique Holschuh