[ltp] Re: hardy kernel 2.6.24-8 occasional system hangs, t60p

Brad Langhorst linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 27 Feb 2008 13:14:32 -0500

On Mon, 2008-02-25 at 12:12 -0500, Brad Langhorst wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-02-23 at 03:06 +0100, OndXXej BalXXXX wrote:
> > In gmane.linux.hardware.thinkpad, you wrote:
> > > I wonder if anyone else is testing hardy and seeing problems with
> > > random hangs sometimes on a t60p.
> >=20
> > Are you using 2.6.24.x series ?
> > Please look into your system logs and search for something like "Uhhh. =
NMI
> > received for unknown reason a1 on cpu0". I suspecting some kind of regr=
ession in
> > e1000 gigabit ethernet (are you connected to the wired network when the=
se
> > freezes occurs ?)
>=20
> yep 2.6.24-8
> I am using the wired network when this happens, i think always.

I think you're right. I've been using a pcmcia ethernet card=20
for the last =EF=BB=BF1 day, 18:28. with no hangs.

I think that's enough time to say for sure that the problem is with the
e1000 driver.

I've filed this bug
in case anybody else has something to add.

brad