[ltp] Running with line power and no battery

Thu, 28 Feb 2008 19:46:26 +0200

--J/dobhs11T7y2rNN

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 09:40:42AM -0600, chris@idlelion.net wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Feb 2008, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
>
>> (and I do NOT trust sleep-to-disk).
>
> Wow. I'm stunned.
>
> Of course, I always save any open files, and maybe I've been lucky, but=
=20
> once suspend/resume works, in my experience it works every time.
>
> For you, YOU, to be so emphatically untrusting of it is worrisome.

Have you seen Matthew Garrett's linuxconf.au presentation?

> Then again, that's why we all make backups, right?

Yes.  I learned that after the third time I *almost* lost my data.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Python 2.4.3 (#2, Apr 27 2006, 14:43:58)
>>> "abc".count("", 100)
-96

--J/dobhs11T7y2rNN

--J/dobhs11T7y2rNN--