[ltp] Running with line power and no battery

Thu, 28 Feb 2008 17:23:33 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Feb 2008, chris@idlelion.net wrote:
>> On Thu, 28 Feb 2008, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
>>> (and I do NOT trust sleep-to-disk).
>>
>> Wow. I'm stunned.
>
> Let's just say I have tracked ext3 data corruption to the old suspend2
> stuff, and found out the maintainer didn't have a clue it was happenning
> because he was not using a 32-bit kernel anymore.

Ah. Suspend to disk. That's a different kettle of fish. I misread. Feeling
foolish.

>> Of course, I always save any open files, and maybe I've been lucky, but
>> once suspend/resume works, in my experience it works every time.
>
> Well, suspend-to-RAM works like a swiss clockwork, here.  STD didn't, and
> after I started looking into exactly why it was happening, I gave up in
> disgust.

Indeed. It sounds awful.

> Hey, if it works for you, don't stop using it on my account.

I rarely use suspend to disk, but it has been working for me too.

>> Then again, that's why we all make backups, right?
>
> Right!  But I dislike the idea of needing to reinstall the computer when I
> am in such a hurry that I did an STD instead of powering the box off.  It is
> the absolute worst time for something to break in my usage patterns :-)

(Making notes about suspend-to-disk...)

Chris