[ltp] 600x hang with network - was: hardy kernel 2.6.24-8 occasional system hangs, t60p

Phil Shotton linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 28 Feb 2008 10:08:25 +0000

I have been running an old 600x with a plug-in PCMCIA ethernet card -
sorry, don't recall the make right now and the machine's at home - with
a similar problem.
Using it with unsecured wireless network it would hang occasionally,
particularly when making heavy use of the network. With an encrypted
network it hangs as soon as the network key is entered. Nothing at all
in /var/log/messages, and reproducible every time.

O/S is Gutsy with all updates (as of last week) applied.

Has anyone seen this before?

Cheers
Phil