[ltp] Running with line power and no battery

Dom linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 10:36:25 +0100

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Feb 2008, Dom wrote:
>
>> Oh, and I forgot to say that whenever I look at the battery temperature
>> it's never above 30°C, usually about 28°C and sometimes even at 26°C.
>>
>> I'm looking at the output of /sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT*/temperature
>> Where can I see how hot it is on the charger? I assume the above
>> mentioned output would be the temperature on the cells.
>>

> Look at the thinkpad-acpi thermal sensor output.  The first sensor of a pack
> is the charger and SBS microcontroller temp.  The second sensor is in the
> opposite side of the pack, where there are only cells.  The second sensor is
> always a lot colder even while charging IME, unless it is time for you to
> scream in fright and toss that battery into a fire-safe hole right away :-)

Thanks, I'm now sure I figured that out. I've got Z61m and
/proc/acpi/ibm/thermal output looks something like:
temperatures:   44 41 29 53 31 -128 29 -128 36 47 46 -128 -128 -128 -128
-128
and values num, 5 and 6 are what you're talking about: 31°C and 29°C,
not a big difference though, or is it?

> PS: please don't send html-only mail to the list.  I, for one, won't read it
> at all.  Your other reply to my post was in html.

Sorry about that. I know about the netiquette but I'm having problems
with my client misbehaving (after I installed some cool extension it no
longer checks with me whether it should send in plain text or html, even
though all domains are set to plain txt).
Hopefully I got that sorted now... because once I press send I can't get
it back if I realize my client tricked me again... grrr...

--
Dom
http://domdelimar.com