[ltp] how enable bluetooth in Lenovo 3000 C200

John Jason Jordan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 1 Jan 2008 19:11:54 -0800

On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 23:17:46 +0100
fRANz <andrea.francesconi@gmail.com> dijo:

> I try to enable bluetooth in my Lenovo 3000 C200 (actually with CentOS
> 5.1), but I can't find /proc/acpi/ibm/bluetooth.
> I used original CentOS kernel, then also last kernel (2.6.23.12) with
> Device Driver -> Misc devices -> ThinkPad ACPI Laptop Extras enabled,
> but it doens't works.
>
> ibm-acpi (http://ibm-acpi.sourceforge.net/) features are supported by
> Lenovo products?
>
> Is there another way to enable internel bluetooth adapter?!

I don't know how much help I can be, but I do have a new T61 with
bluetooth and it "just works." I am using Ubuntu Gutsy x86_64. I did
have to install blueman, a GUI bluetooth manager utility before I could
get my devices paired up, but the device was at least autodetected and
configured during installation of Gutsy.

Curiously, "lspci" doesn't show any device with the name "bluetooth" in
it. Thus, I have no idea what the device is or who made it.

The only thing I can suggest is that you try a live CD for both Ubuntu
Gutsy and Fedora 8. I suggest those two because at this time they seem
to have the best track record on device support. If it works with
either of them, then you can sleuth out how the OS got it working.