[ltp] how enable bluetooth in Lenovo 3000 C200

"Thomas B. Rücker" linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 02 Jan 2008 03:58:22 +0000

John Jason Jordan schrieb:
> On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 23:17:46 +0100
> fRANz <andrea.francesconi@gmail.com> dijo:
>

>> I try to enable bluetooth in my Lenovo 3000 C200 (actually with CentOS
>> 5.1), but I can't find /proc/acpi/ibm/bluetooth.
>> I used original CentOS kernel, then also last kernel (2.6.23.12) with
>> Device Driver -> Misc devices -> ThinkPad ACPI Laptop Extras enabled,
>> but it doens't works.
>>
>> ibm-acpi (http://ibm-acpi.sourceforge.net/) features are supported by
>> Lenovo products?
>>
>> Is there another way to enable internel bluetooth adapter?!
>>

> I don't know how much help I can be, but I do have a new T61 with
> bluetooth and it "just works." I am using Ubuntu Gutsy x86_64. I did
> have to install blueman, a GUI bluetooth manager utility before I could
> get my devices paired up, but the device was at least autodetected and
> configured during installation of Gutsy.
>
> Curiously, "lspci" doesn't show any device with the name "bluetooth" in
> it. Thus, I have no idea what the device is or who made it.

try "lsusb" ;-)
> The only thing I can suggest is that you try a live CD for both Ubuntu
> Gutsy and Fedora 8. I suggest those two because at this time they seem
> to have the best track record on device support. If it works with
> either of them, then you can sleuth out how the OS got it working.

Usually on newer thinkpads you have the kill switch for all rf-devices
inside the TP and Fn+F5 in addition to turn bluetooth on and off.

Since the 3000C200 is not a ThinkPad I'm not sure if the same rules apply.

Cheers

Thomas