[ltp] how enable bluetooth in Lenovo 3000 C200

Atul Chitnis linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 2 Jan 2008 13:47:14 +0530 (IST)

Not all machines shipped by Lenovo have Bluetooth built-in.

I can definitely tell you that when I bought my X60s, Lenovo had to change
the model twice (1702-3QA - no BT, 1706-7FA - BT, but bad battery life
because of high-power CPU) before they finally shipped me a model that had
BT built in (model 1702-4EA - low power CPU, with BT).

Several of my friends use the 3000 c200 - some of them have BT, some
don't. Would have to check with them for specific models, but in this
case, it does sound like Franz has a non-BT model.

Lenovo apparently offers a daughter card add-on for BT functionality - you
may want to check with them.

Atul

--
Atul Chitnis