[ltp] Strange LCD issue

Michael Karcher linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 01 Jan 2008 22:37:38 +0100

Am Montag, den 31.12.2007, 14:06 -0200 schrieb Henrique de Moraes
Holschuh:
[erratic graphics, depending on heat and mechanical stress]
> AFAIK the two more probable causes for this kind of problem are:
[...]
> 2. Cold solders, especially below BGA (ball-grid-array) chips like the GPU
>    (to fix: reflow the solder, requires help from a good electronics shop)

> I believe (2) is a common problem on at least the T40, so it could very well
> be what plagues the T30 and T41...
It's called "flexing" usually, and affects T40, T41 and T42 (including p
variants). According to most forum posts, T43 is unaffected by this
issue. Just enter thinkpad and flexing into google.

> Look in thinkwiki.org...
Seems to be down at the moment.

Regards,
  Michael Karcher