[ltp] New bluetooth modules for older (T42/T43) Notebooks?

Bill Andrus linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 3 Jan 2008 16:53:52 -0500

I picked up a new Lenovo/IBM Bluetooth MODEM for my T42 that has 2.0+EDR
capability, 33 meters and 3 MHz data rates, and it pairs up with my T60 and
Tilt just fine, blasting files and updates, A2DP and Stereo Handsfree
profile connections, the whole thing.   Uses same BT antenna as its old
card, definitely not a PCI Express card either.  FRU 91P7319 or BMDC200B,
works on nearly the entire Thinkpad family that supports V.92 MODEM with
integrated Bluetooth.   eBay has with BT antenna for ~US$35 or less.

Bill Andrus