[ltp] A question about USB storage and ehci_hcd

Fredrik Wendt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 05 Jan 2008 13:07:27 +0100

--=-JPkqPUs9aJZq05scZ47+

fri 2008-01-04 @ 17:30 -0700 Matt Graham wrote:
> [...] The thing to do is to mount=20
> removable disklike devices by label or by /dev/disk/by-uuid/ or something=
=20
> like that.  Works well IME.

I have three system that boots from a USB memory stick. Is there a way
to get GRUB working with that device addressing instead of /dev/sd*
(hd*,*)?

The current way works, but it's always a hazzle to get it right when the
system is set up (I prepare the USB stick on my laptop using
debootstrap). Using UUID:s would be so much easier.

/ Fredrik Wendt

--=-JPkqPUs9aJZq05scZ47+

--=-JPkqPUs9aJZq05scZ47+--