[ltp] Ubuntu on 560E

Nathan Templeton linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 07 Jan 2008 22:20:24 -0900

chris@idlelion.net wrote:
> Turns out the 560E can boot from a PCMCIA card reader. I'm in the
> midst of installing Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon (7.10) on it and will update
> the ThinkWiki page if I actually get it running.
>
> I would now think that just about any ThinkPad with a Pentium or later
> could boot and install from PCMCIA.
>
> Chris

As long as you use the alternate install cd you should be fine.. I tried
to install from the live cd on this T20 and it puked all over it's self.
( T20/700/512). But alt worked fine, though even with flux as my wm. It
was really REALLY slow. After a bit of searching I found Zenwalk.
Started with 4.8 then to 5.0 running XFCE 4.4. It's almost like having a
new lappy with how fast and responsive it is with multiple desktop
sessions running.

Just thought I would put that out there, but I would love to hear what
kind of luck you have.

~Nathan
When you are Sierra-Oscar-Lima. I'm Hotel-Tango-Hotel.