[ltp] X61s microphone?

Pete Phillips linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 09 Jan 2008 15:57:41 +0000

>>>>> "Hendrik-Jan" == Hendrik-Jan Heins <hjheins@gmail.com> writes:

    Hendrik-Jan> I'm asking because when I put the mic. input volume up,
    Hendrik-Jan> and place my hand under the machine, close to the
    Hendrik-Jan> speaker and curve it upwards to the right side of the
    Hendrik-Jan> machine, the speaker starts to give out a loud
    Hendrik-Jan> squeeling noise as if a mic. is held too close to the
    Hendrik-Jan> speaker.

    Hendrik-Jan> So I guess there must be one, somehwere...

<blush> - yup - you are right.

I pulled up alsamixer and set input source to internal mic, and then
increased the levels of the mic and mic boost, and audacity can now
record OK.

Still not sure which hole is the mic though. The small two-holed thing
under the right arrow key looks like it, but it doesn't seem to respond
if I tap it with my finger.

Pete