[ltp] Re: tp_smapi 0.34 and hdaps

Yves-Alexis Perez linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 11 Jan 2008 13:35:18 +0100

On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 12:02:26PM +0000, Evgeni Golov wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 11:42:34 +0100 Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
>
> > I have a T61 8897CTO. I couldn't reproduce, until I upgraded my bios this
> > morning to 2.07. I now can reproduce, so I guess we have the culprit.
>
> /me sends hordes of lemmings over Lenovo
> Okay, it's the BIOS.
> Yves, kionez, do you have Windows to test HDAPS there? Linux is
> unsupported, but if it's broken in Windows too, you can bug Lenovo and
> ask them for an updated BIOS.

(it's Yves-Alexis, not just Yves).

Fortunately, I only run Linux and don't have windows on my T61. I can't help
there, sorry. But anyway reporting the bug to Lenovo would be a good idea,
they may do something about it even if it only bugs in Linux. Remember volume
buttons not working in Linux, they released a bios updated wich fixed this, so
even if it's not supported, they may do something.

Does someone know how to report a bug to Lenovo?

Cheers,
--
Yves-Alexis