[ltp] t42p ata_piix

Carlos Moffat linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 11 Jan 2008 07:48:01 -0500

On Fri, 2008-01-11 at 09:25 +0100, U Kuehn wrote:
> >> Further I have CONFIG_SATA_AHCI=y, but CONFIG_PATA_LEGACY does not show
> >> up in my config (2.6.23.12)
> >>

> > I do have CONFIG_SATA_AHCI=y too (forgot to mention that earlier). Do
> > you have initrd support in your kernel?
> >
> Yes I do. However, the kernel fully boots without an initramfs. That's
> the reason I want the important stuff compiled in.
>
> What happens when you boot without initrd/initramfs? The kernel should
> at least find a disk, and with the right parameters should be able to
> find its root file system on the disk.

When I tried before, the kernel panicked, although I believe I had
everything compiled in. I don't think it found the disk.

> Attached is my config.gz, maybe it is of help. Please be aware that it
> contains also config for tuxonice (formerly known as suspend2).
>
> Ulrich

Thanks. Your config shows you have both the ata_piix and some IDE
support. How do you keep the IDE stuff from loading? Do you pass any
parameters to the kernel at boot time through grub?

Thanks,
Carlos