[ltp] Re: tp_smapi 0.34 and hdaps

Fri, 11 Jan 2008 11:30:20 -0200

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> Does someone know how to report a bug to Lenovo?

Yes, but it works much better if you manage to report it through the
official channels, since you have the machine, the serial number, and the
warranty.

There *is* one thing that can actually help.  Now that you guys have
identified the problem as a firmware update one, you need to do this:

1. Find someone with a T61 that did not update yet (since you cannot
downgrade).

2. Get him to produce all sort of information from the firmware that might
help Shem fix tp_smapi:

  2a) output of dmidecode (it is ok to remove UUID and serial number *ONLY*)
  2b) output of acpidump (the *full* text output it generates)
  2c) full dmesg and lspci output showing the kernel boot, ACPI stuff,
      and thinkpad_ec, tp_smapi, and tp_smapi's HDAPS loading

3. Do it also for a T61 that was updated.

4. Mail that information (gzipped) to this mailinglist, or at least to the
tp_smapi maintainer (and please CC me, I am always interested in changes to
the thinkpad firmware, as I need to be very wary of that for thinkpad-acpi
as well).

I suggest you do it *fast* before everyone that would be willing to help
upgrade to the latest firmware...

  Henrique Holschuh