[ltp] t42p ata_piix

Carlos Moffat linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 11 Jan 2008 08:30:33 -0500

On Fri, 2008-01-11 at 06:22 +0100, Joerg Platte wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 10. Januar 2008 schrieb Carlos Moffat:
>
> > Argh. Ok. Thanks, I'll give it a try. Please let me know if you remember
> > anything about this, as I've been trying this switch for a while now.
>
> Does your dmesg log indicate that the ide chipset has been found? If yes,
> please post the message. Maybe there is still some IDE part active that
> occupies the hardware first.

I couldn't figure out how to save the dmesg output from the BusyBox
shell, but using Ulrich's config I noticed this:

Uniform Multi-Platform E-IDE driver revision 7.00alpha2
ide: assuming 33MHz system bus speed for PIO modes: override with
idebus=xx

I need to check again with a kernel without the IDE stuff at all to see
if this shows up.

Carlos