[ltp] Re: tp_smapi 0.34 and hdaps

kionez linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 11 Jan 2008 19:48:09 +0100

#include <Shem Multinymous.h>   // created 11/01/2008 19:23

Hi all..

strange news from hdaps topic!

today i have to reboot in WinVista in order to check smtp auth of
WindowsMail, in the meanwhile i try to launch the applet that shows
position of my laptop.. everything works without any problem..
after i've done my windows tasks i reboot in linux and...

# cat /sys/devices/platform/hdaps/position
(504,496)

i have kernel 2.6.23.12 and tp_smapi 0.32 (downgraded from 0.34 for
testing..)

i do a reboot and

# cat /sys/devices/platform/hdaps/position
Device or resource busy

it seems that Windows wake up something when it boot-up..

now i try to "debug" this strange behaviour..but maybe it's a way to
solution...

does anyone have some idea or test i can do?

k.