[ltp] Call to T61 owners

John Jason Jordan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 11 Jan 2008 10:54:33 -0800

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 17:14:09 +0100
Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac@debian.org> dijo:

> if you have a T61 with a bios <2.0.7, could you please give us the following
> informations? (and dont upgrade it, just in case we need more information)
>
> a) output of dmidecode (it is ok to remove UUID and serial number *ONLY*)
> b) output of acpidump (the *full* text output it generates)
> c) full dmesg and lspci output showing the kernel boot, ACPI stuff,
>    and thinkpad_ec, tp_smapi, and tp_smapi's HDAPS loading
>
> (gzip everything before sending to the list, and add hmh@debian.org to CC:)
>
> hdaps seems to be broken on Linux since the last bios upgrade, so it'd be
> nice to report that to Lenovo, with all informations possible.

I have a T61 and I tried to give you what you requested, but I ran into
some problems. First, my BIOS doesn't seem to be any version at all
related to "2.07":

jjj@Devil7:~$ sudo dmidecode -s bios-version
7LET56WW (1.26 )

And then when I ran sudo demidecode it overran the terminal window so I
cannot copy it all. I know there is a way to output a command to file,
but I'm too new to Linux and I can't remember how.

And as for acpidump, this is the result:

jjj@Devil7:~$ sudo acpidump
sudo: acpidump: command not found

I am using Gutsy x86_64 on my T61 and everything important is working,
except the 4965AGN wireless, which hangs up on me at random. For that I
am substituting a Netgear WG511 (v. A) card until there is a fix.