[ltp] Re: [Hdaps-devel] hdaps axis orientations

Fri, 11 Jan 2008 18:59:36 -0200

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008, Shem Multinymous wrote:
> It looks like the situation with the accelerometer orientation is even
> worse than we thought -- orientation varies between identically-named
> models. For example, I got an email saying the T60 1951-A31 has
> swapped and semi-inverted axes (invert=7), but ThinkWiki user Roam
> reports that his T60 1951-CA2 has both-inverted axes (invert=1).
>
> Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Sure.  The first four digits is the real key.  If they change, anything
could change (even if it goes with the same "thinkpad" model name, like
X61).

Examples are T61 with onboard graphics, and T61 with nVidia graphics.
They use different planar cards... so even if they do are T61, they are
different machines really. Axis orientation can vary from one planar card
type to another.

I think you need to enhance the tables to also use the model number :(

> Also, it would be valuable if everyone updated
> http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/ThinkWiki with their correct "invert"
> parameter, XXXX-YYY model number, BIOS version and Embedded Controller
> version.

The first four digits of the model number, and the EC version is likely to
be the only things that really matter.

  Henrique Holschuh