[ltp] Re: [Hdaps-devel] hdaps axis orientations

Bill Andrus linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 11 Jan 2008 17:58:15 -0500

linux-thinkpad-admin@linux-thinkpad.org wrote on 01/11/2008 04:24:14 PM:

> [ltp] Re: [Hdaps-devel] hdaps axis orientations
>
> Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
>
> to:
>
> Shem Multinymous
>
> 01/11/2008 04:52 PM
>
> Sent by:
>
> linux-thinkpad-admin@linux-thinkpad.org

> linux-thinkpad mailing list, hdaps-devel mailing list
>
> Please respond to linux-thinkpad
>
> On Fri, 11 Jan 2008, Shem Multinymous wrote:
> > On Jan 11, 2008 3:59 PM, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@hmh.eng.br>
wrote:
identically-named

> > > Sure.  The first four digits is the real key.  If they change,
anything
> > > could change (even if it goes with the same "thinkpad" model name,
like
> > > X61).
> >
> > Indeed, but the above conflicting reports are both for model 1951...
>
> Apologies, I hadn't notice that!  It is indeed unexpected.  Maybe adding
> debug dump option to tp_smapi that gets the hdaps range would be in
order?
> If a bit flips there, we have the holy grail.  But more than likely, we
are
> in deep crap...

The old four digit TYPE has been violated at the T60 family line -- my 1951
has a CORE MONO T1300 and no chance to be upgraded to a CORE DUO let alone
a CORE 2 DUO processor -- extremely low grade chipset and support, but
other 1951 are, in fact, CORE DUO and their System Board has a far better
chipset and feature set than this dog.  We saw this with the T43 versions
from Lenovo, but at least the TYPE codes (1XXX or 2XXX) were consistent
with Thinkpad trends.

Bill