[ltp] Call to T61 owners

Sat, 12 Jan 2008 13:33:29 +0200

--HcAYCG3uE/tztfnV

On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 10:54:33AM -0800, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 17:14:09 +0100
> Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac@debian.org> dijo:
> > if you have a T61 with a bios <2.0.7, could you please give us the
> > following informations? (and dont upgrade it, just in case we need
> > more information)
> >=20
> > a) output of dmidecode (it is ok to remove UUID and serial number *ONLY=
*)
> > b) output of acpidump (the *full* text output it generates)
> > c) full dmesg and lspci output showing the kernel boot, ACPI stuff,
> >    and thinkpad_ec, tp_smapi, and tp_smapi's HDAPS loading
> >=20
> > (gzip everything before sending to the list, and add hmh@debian.org to =
CC:)
> >=20
> > hdaps seems to be broken on Linux since the last bios upgrade, so it'd =
be
> > nice to report that to Lenovo, with all informations possible.
>=20
> I have a T61 and I tried to give you what you requested, but I ran into
> some problems. First, my BIOS doesn't seem to be any version at all
> related to "2.07":
>=20
> jjj@Devil7:~$ sudo dmidecode -s bios-version
> 7LET56WW (1.26 )
>=20
> And then when I ran sudo demidecode it overran the terminal window so I
> cannot copy it all. I know there is a way to output a command to file,
> but I'm too new to Linux and I can't remember how.

  $ sudo dmidecode > output.txt

then you'll want to edit it (to remove the serial number and UUID) and

 $ gzip output.txt

> And as for acpidump, this is the result:
>=20
> jjj@Devil7:~$ sudo acpidump
> sudo: acpidump: command not found

  sudo apt-get install acpidump

> I am using Gutsy x86_64 on my T61 and everything important is working,
> except the 4965AGN wireless, which hangs up on me at random. For that I
> am substituting a Netgear WG511 (v. A) card until there is a fix.

Do you not have problems with two of the three USB ports that stop
working about 10 minutes after you enable the built-in Bluetooth?  I
had this problem, and BIOS upgrade to version 2.07 fixed it for me.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Remember, drive defensively! And of course, the best defense is a good offe=
nse!

--HcAYCG3uE/tztfnV

--HcAYCG3uE/tztfnV--