[ltp] Wireless solution for T23

Sat, 12 Jan 2008 12:47:59 +0000

Marcin Trybus wrote:
> I just got a broadband Internet connection and bought a Linksys WAG200G
> router with a wireless access point (as the name implies it's a G
> standard). I bought wireless only because it was not that much more
> expensive than a wired-only model. Since my T23 comes without a built-in
> WiFi adapter I am considering various options of making it wireless
> capable. There are only two reasonable options, a PCMCIA adapter and an
> internal, preferably Intel-based, miniPCI card. I discount the USB
> adapters, as the T23 has only 2 ports anyway. The problem is that my
> machine does not have the built in antenna. So is it worth the hassle to
> install it?

I installed antennae in an X22. It's not difficult, if you're willing to
invest a few hours with a screwdriver - see the Hardware Maintenance
Manual for how to do this.

Unfortunately, the MiniPCI give you 3 options: ethernet, modem and wifi
- but you can only have two.

I'd recommend a PCMCIA card for simplicity - check it is supported by
Linux natively before you buy.

HTH,

Richard