[ltp] 2nd hard drive

Timothy Murphy linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 12 Jan 2008 12:59:38 +0000

On Saturday 12 January 2008 12:35:51 am Paul Kaplan wrote:

> Yes the optical drive works as does a spare battery for the ultrabay...AND
> I can hot swap between the two.  It's just the hard drive that isn't
> recognized.  It's almost as if there's some pins that are too small in the
> newer machine.

Probably not relevant, but I had an Ultrabay HD holder which worked fine
in one T23, but not in another, although the CD reader worked ok in both.
I bought a new Ultrabay HD holder on eBay,
and that works fine in both.

I assumed there was some kind of pin mismatch,
though I couldn't see anything.
(I tried contact cleaner, and cleaning with a fibre pencil.)