[ltp] Re: UltraBay hotplug not working with T23

Mon, 14 Jan 2008 08:49:26 +0100

On Sun, Jan 13, 2008 at 21:47:52 +0100, Tino Keitel wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 13, 2008 at 21:34:22 +0100, Joerg Platte wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > IIRC hotplugging does not work if no drive was in the bay while booting. Try
> > to put the optical drive in the bay and reboot and then remove it.
>
> That's bad, as my intention was to boot with the battery inserted, and
> insert the optical drive later. Otherwise, I won't have battery status
> for the UltraBay battery.

Hi,

with CONFIG_ACPI_BAY (which is new in 2.6.23), I get an ACPI event when
I insert the optical device after booting with an empty Ultrabay. I can
then use the ultrabay_insert script from
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_hotswap_UltraBay_devices to make
the kernel detect the drive, so it seems to work now as intended.

Regards,
Tino