[ltp] Call to T61 owners

Fri, 11 Jan 2008 18:45:46 -0500

----------MB_8CA22C338EF11EF_1C8_2D6A_webmail-da15.sysops.aol.com

-----Original Message-----
From: John Jason Jordan <johnxj@comcast.net>
To: linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sent: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 10:54 am
Subject: Re: [ltp] Call to T61 owners

I have a T61 and I tried to give you what you requested, but I ran into
some problems. First, my BIOS doesn't seem to be any version at all
related to "2.07":

jjj@Devil7:~$ sudo dmidecode -s bios-version
7LET56WW (1.26 )
same as mine.  I get the impression a much newer series of BIOS versions is required to begin
to support tpctl.   Maybe several of us sent in the results for this BIOS.

I am using Gutsy x86_64 on my T61 and everything important is working,
except the 4965AGN wireless, which hangs up on me at random. For that I
am substituting a Netgear WG511 (v. A) card until there is a fix.

4965AGN works fine for me in G mode, with current SuSE 10.3 Online Update. You should be able to
get all the same updates. I had to buy a g access point.  Seems pointless, when b was already
10 times the speed of the top priced DSL.

----------MB_8CA22C338EF11EF_1C8_2D6A_webmail-da15.sysops.aol.com

-----Original Message-----<br>