[ltp] KUBUNTU Install

Mon, 14 Jan 2008 14:24:15 -0000 (GMT)

Hi Jörg

Whilst GRUB's very good - even enabling you to edit or even load another
menu.lst file it will only support devices as listed and supported by your
bios.

The a21e does not support booting from usb devices - pen drives or cdroms.
I have created both and have spent a lot of time with GRUB. No bios
support then GRUB will not work. But I like GRUB having had to play with
it :)

My options now are (a) to load an os with networking and usb support via a
floppy install (b) stick hard disk in another machine (IBM) (c) stick hard
disk in a usb case and access via another machine (I have a linux desktop
and another laptop XP). Ok I could buy a CD-drive for the A21E! I also
need to download another ISO and via the desktop Linux create another
install CD.

Happy Days

Regards,

David