[ltp] Disable dim-on-battery LCD brightness

Mike Kershaw linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 14 Jan 2008 10:09:44 -0500

--3MwIy2ne0vdjdPXF

On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 06:57:38AM -0800, Bill Moseley wrote:
> I have a T60p running Gutsy.  When I go on batter the display dims
> quite a bit making it hard to use.  The normal brightness keys (in
> Gnome) don't make any difference.
>=20
> Is there a trick to restore full brightness when on battery (accepting
> that the battery will drain faster)?
>=20
> I was sure I'd find info on this easily, but my google mojo seems week
> today.

In the display section of the bios, set screen brightness to "high",
that ought to keep it from adjusting it on battery.  Then you can adjust
it on your own in linux or script it into acpid triggers.

-m

--=20
Mike Kershaw/Dragorn <dragorn@kismetwireless.net>
GPG Fingerprint: 3546 89DF 3C9D ED80 3381  A661 D7B2 8822 738B BDB1

"Don't kill me, or you'll have to clean up all the other messes I've left=
=20
half broken!" -- Eric

--3MwIy2ne0vdjdPXF

--3MwIy2ne0vdjdPXF--