[ltp] Re: UltraBay hotplug not working with T23

Tue, 15 Jan 2008 13:24:49 +0100

On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 11:04:25 +0100, Tino Keitel wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 19:30:26 +0000, Simon Williams wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > The solution is to ignore acpi and use tp_smapi for battery info.
>
> I wouldn't consider this a solution, but a workaround. tp_smapi has an
> own userspace interface, so it won't work with all the battery monitor
> tools out there. At least I don't know of any battery monitor that
> supports tp_smapi.

OK, thanks for the hint. I just read about Gkrellm-ThinkBat and
KThinkBat. However, I don't use gkrellm when running on battery (gives
me a few minutes more battery runtime), ans I also don't use KDE. A
WindowMaker dock app or XFCE panel plugin would be fine.

Regards,
Tino