[ltp] Re: Fixing a flakey backlight.

Rolf Kutz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 17 Jan 2008 11:43:35 +0100

On 17/01/08 00:57 +0100, Alex Polite wrote:
>I've been having problems with the backlight on my X30 for some time
>now. The backlight will turn off every no and then for no reason and I
>have to flex the screen slightly to get it back on. I guess some joint
>is coming loose. Any tips on how to fix this? Without sending it to a
>repairshop?

I had a similar Problem with an 600e. It was a
broken connector at the display. I exchanged it
with one I got from €bay, but you should check for
yourself first. It's not hard[0] to open the lid and
remove the display to examine. Just follow your
hardware maintenance manual.

It could also be a broken converter. You can
also get them on the web. Also not hard to
exchange.

Regards, Rolf

[0] At least on a 600e. An X30 might be more
delicate.
--
...about the greatest democrazy in the world.