[ltp] Re: tp_smapi 0.34 and hdaps

Shem Multinymous linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 19 Jan 2008 20:03:36 -0500

Hi Yves-Alexis,

On Jan 19, 2008 7:26 PM, Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac@debian.org> wrote:
> Jan 20 01:19:49 hidalgo kernel: bad hdaps_check_ec reply
> 0x01,0x00,0x00,0x00

Same as  kionez's. Good, I think I'll just whitelist these values.

> So only the patch doesn't work.

It does: it provided the above values. :-)

> > If you're brave, you can also to disable that check (comment out the
> > line "return -EIO;" in the function hdaps_check_ec) and see if that
> > helps. Make sure you back up your data first...
>
> This kind of comment sure doesn't make people feel like they want to
> test.

Point taken... But the truth is we don't really know what's going on
in the Embedded Controller firmware that tp_smapi and hdaps talk to,
and in the past we've seen firmware bugs (see details on ThinkWiki)
that cause the EC to hang on some commands.

  Shem