[ltp] Re: Hacking the UltraNav USB keyboard

Stefan Monnier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 20 Jan 2008 22:07:51 -0500

> 6)This means either:
>    - I'm looking at the wrong thing
>    - The sniffer can't capture certain control packets
>    - There's a bug in SnoopyPro
>    - There isn't a sensitivity register in the hardware itself, but it's
>        all done in software.

Maybe it's like the touchpad: by default it behaves exactly like a PS/2
mouse using the same protocol, but you can change it to a different mode
where it then uses a different protocol.  After that, you may get the
raw data and control the sensitivity directly in software.

The other part that interests me is the special keys (e.g. to control
sound volume, screen brightness, ...) which under Linux don't seem to
send any events.

        Stefan

PS: BTW does any one have a working usb-synaptics driver that can be
used together with hibernation (the one I've found so far requires
unload/reload across hibernation, which ends up creating a new device
afterwards and so requires restarting Xorg before seeing the "new"
touchpad).