[ltp] No /proc/acpi/ibm/bay on T60

Mon, 21 Jan 2008 12:12:57 -0200

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> I recently had to hotswap my CDROM and ultrabay battery and looked
> desprately for /proc/acpi/ibm/bay to no avail.

It does not support the T60, unless you patch it (the patch would break the
T43 and a few others).

OTOH, the kernel generic ACPI BAY code should work fine with the cdrom (and
it will ignore the battery, but you can tell the firmware which battery to
draw using tp_smapi, so it is easy to work around until that is fixed.  And
I believe it is already fixed in acpi-test).

  Henrique Holschuh