[ltp] Disabling touchpad in Linux

Timothy Murphy linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 21 Jan 2008 21:10:34 +0000

On Monday 21 January 2008 05:43:25 pm Konstantin Filtschew wrote:

> > How do I disable the touchpad in Linux (KDE Fedora)?

> execute this command:
>
> synclient TouchpadOff=1
>
> and
> synclient TouchpadOff=0
>
> to turn in back on.

Thanks very much.
That works - after adding the SHMConfig line to xorg.conf :
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Synaptics"
        Driver      "synaptics"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
        Option      "Protocol" "auto-dev"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
        Option      "SHMConfig"
EndSection

I'm a little puzzled why I did not have to do this with my other T43.
(I don't have access to it at this moment, so cannot check its settings.)

> I've wrote a script and use the keys Fn+F1 and Fn+F2 to turn the
> Touchpad on and off through thinkpad-acpi modul.

Thanks ... but I don't plan on going back -
I'm not a great fan of the touch pad.