[ltp] [ANN] tp_smapi 0.35-test1

Mon, 21 Jan 2008 19:33:27 -0200

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008, Shem Multinymous wrote:
> On Jan 21, 2008 9:42 AM, kionez <kionez@anche.no> wrote:
> > # cat /sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/voltage
> > 15201
> >
> > # cat /sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/group*_voltage
> > 3797
> > 3797
> > 3803
> >
> > # let a=3797+3797+3803; echo $a
> > 11397
>
> So the T6x batteries are higher voltage, and probably have an extra
> cell group which tp_smapi is not seeing. Can you send me `cat
> /sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/dump`? (Note that your battery's
> serial# is there, on the 4th line, 11th and 12th numbers, counting
> from 1).

There is certainly enough data positions open for a fourth group in LPC3B
0x0a, and...

15201 - (3797+3797+3803) = 3804

Which makes it *extremely* probable that there is a fourth group.
Interesting :-)

Shem, since the T61 is very unlikely to have the instant-death bug in LPC3B
0x0b common in old T4x EC firmwares, maybe you could send Kionez a patch
that also dumps 0x0b?  I want to know if there is also a fourth value in
there...  that would give us some extra datapoints to figure out what the
stuff 0x0b returns means.

  Henrique Holschuh